Monday, September 22, 2008

You, You, You, You, You, You, YOU.....

.....I wanna talk about me! So I guess if you haven't heard that country song you're probably pretty confused right now.

Anyways.

I've been busy lately... working, being a mom, and of course being an amazing wife! :) I just thought I'd post a blog about the work I did this weekend. I spent an entire DAY of work designing wrist corsages and boutonnieres for a homecoming dance! It was fun, but challenging since most of the orders had special color requests and flower preferences. It was really fun to brush up on my basic skills though. It's been so long since I'd done anything that basic. I spend most of my days at work completing orders for $60-120 arrangements. I love having the flexibility at work to switch between wedding work and everyday stuff. I'm getting lots of practice and knowledge that will go to good use for running my own business from home.

Now if only I could get a better camera to take some higher quality pictures for my personal portfolio.

Oh... and as a side note, I was pleased to return to work and find a note from a lady who's bouquet I designed for her 91st birthday who couldn't praise my design enough. She told my fellow co worker that she would love to talk to me because she was thoroughly impressed with my work. It was nice to hear something like that. I should keep her as a reference :o) Although, at 91 years of age, I don't know how long I could keep her as one. Not to be disrespectful. I was just happy to hear that someone really liked what I did. It's always nice have clients praise what a good job you did. I usually get a few of really great compliments on my designs, but every now and then there's that angry customer who HATES what you did because you used a flower they can't stand and failed to inform you about.

****Sigh*****

Such is life though.





4 comments:

lindquist said...

Beautiful work, like always. Remember when we sent out your wedding announcement and everyone was commenting on how you and Tyler look like brother and sister? Well I have to say, in that last pic, I sorta can see an resemblance. I guess that's what happens when you spend a lot of time withsome one. You start looking RELATED! ha ha

Kati Howard said...

Thanks mom. I don't think we look related... I mean we both have light brown hair and blue eyes, but our facial features and skin and coloring are different. So there. :o)

lindquist said...

Well.... if you wanna talk specific details... I'm just saying - you look GOOD TOGETHER!!!

No wonder Quincy is so cute! {{'Course he does take after his Grammie... =) }}

Kati Howard said...

Thanks.. I know.

We DO look good together! :)