Thursday, September 25, 2008

Our Little GQ

On Monday I had had enough of Quincy's wardrobe, or rather the lack thereof. He had practically grown out of everything he owned. So I went through his clothes and washed, folded and pressed the things which I knew Other Mother's (the baby/mother consignment shop) would take. After everything was all packed ready to go my boys went with me on yet another shopping adventure. They were such good sports. While I went through every rack in Quincy's size, 12-24 months, and picked out the things which Quincy was in need of. Tyler was a great support in entertaining Quincy while I dug and searched. He also gave some great opinions on things.

After we had gone through each rack, there were probably 4 or 5 stuffed full of some great finds, we had the task of trying them on to see how much room he had to grow. All in all, this was quite the process, as Quincy would have much rather have played with the kids in the "play section". After about an hour's worth of work we found some really great fall/ winter items. He has plenty of long sleeve shirts; he looks like the quite the little man in them. They all pull over, which I think will be nice as we venture closer and closer to potty training
(yay? yikes!). He also got another pair of great jeans, which looked brand new from GAP, they are 18-24 months, so they're big but he can wear them with shoes, plus he's just so darn handsome in them! He got a church sweater vest and a cute button up shirt for church too. And lastly, we found a brand new hoodie sweatshirt and some zip up sweaters. He looks adorable in everything. I told Tyler before he was born that my little boy was going to well dressed, not running around in Incredible Hulk T shirts and Batman shoes. I know, there will come a day when I don't have a say, which is precisely why I'm taking advantage of the fact that he doesn't 'say' anything yet.

I have to say, Tyler was feeling ambitious because he was really persistent about getting Quincy some new shoes. We looked at Other Mother's while we were there but they didn't have anything in his size. We searched at Wal*Mart, Payless Shoes, Old Navy, Babies R' Us. and then finally Tyler decided he wanted to look at the footlocker outlet. It was pretty out of the way, but he thought that we should go there first before hitting up the mall. Well, after driving ALL the way out there we found out there the Footlocker Outlet was GONE! OH NO!!!! We were pretty shocked and sad to say the least, not mention that gas we used to drive out there. ....Like hello, they should have called us personally to tell us they were going extinct! The nerve! :o)

But in all seriousness, it was a let down. We did however remember there was an OshKosh Outlet there and since we drove all that way we decided we should at least look. We went in and finally achieved victory! We found some great sturdy, versatile church- play shoes, that are still big enough for growing room. Plus they were 40% off AND the only pair in the size we needed. Don't you just love days like that where things work out after many fails?

So here are some pictures of a couple of his new outfits:


I like the picture of him and me where he's actually SMILING! It never happens. He's like a pre-teen. Always grouchy and awfully stubborn. I guess it makes sense cuz he's pre-toddler!

Here are those shoes we got. They're pretty manly eh?
And this shirt actually came from Kent and Teesy last Christmas and it's JUST fitting him. Good thing since it'll be getting colder soon. On a side note, Quincy pushed this empty laundry basket around all day. He loved being in it and 'hiding' in it. What a funny kid!

3 comments:

Katie Stacey said...

Those are some cute new clothes! We've been having fun getting Savannah's fall/winter wardrobe too.

Shera said...

The new clothes are way cute!! It's fun to get new things for babies!

Kati Howard said...

Yeah... it's like I'm living my shopping dreams through him. I hardly ever get new clothes for me anymore. :o)