Monday, November 10, 2008

This weekend's events.....

In times of economical turmoil we are forced into being frugal with our finances...... or in our case, or most young married couples starting families, you have no choice regardless of the nation's financial status. Despite the status of our bank account we have learned to have fun.

***Now mind you I didn't take pictures to document so you'll just have to use your imaginations***

Friday we decided that we should get out of the house, I mean there is only so much fun you can have in the same boring 4 white walled house that you call home, right? It was nearing lunch time and I thought we should go out to eat... mostly because I wasn't hot on the idea of me having to make something out of nothing-- due to bare cupboards.

Tyler agreed on the idea, but I didn't have him fully convinced until I counted out all the change I had in my wallet and purse (which might I add, consisted of $1.00 completely made up of penny's!). After doing some serious counting, we added up our grand total of about $7.85 or so.

I also remembered that we had some coupons for fast food restaurants and that should've been more than enough for all of us to eat. Plus my mom had given us some FREE Red Robin kids' meals coupons..... nothing beats free! We finally agreed to order Quincy's kids meal take out from Red Robin and then we would eat our lunch at McDonald's off the dollar menu, splurging the rest of our money on some root beer floats from A&W.

Lunch was delicious. I think food always tastes better when you don't have to make it yourself, or clean up the mess. After we ate we headed over to the mall because the Mervin's store is going out of business. Quincy is desperately in need of a new car seat since he's outgrown his, and so we thought we'd see if Mervin's carried car seats, who wouldn't want to get 60-80% of that?

Unfortunately Mervin's didn't carry car seats, or even if they did there were no longer any there. I did, however, find a super cute pair of black heals... which Tyler detested. I didn't get them, and I'm still a little sad about that. There are other things I'm in more need of than a cute pair of black heels though.

Tyler found a few nice dress shirts, which he's in need of. I've been trying to encourage him into trying new things, when it comes to fashion. We finally agreed on branching out in his variety or dress shirt colors. He reluctantly agreed to try a purple dress shirt, which might I add if very similar to blue... baby steps. He liked a lavender colored shirt, and it was even on sale in the clearance section of JC Penny, but he couldn't commit to it. I told him that I wasn't going to buy a shirt that he wasn't going to wear.

After our failed attempts at agreeing on fashion, we both agreed on getting some root beer floats. I also had a coupon--- we seriously use coupons all the time now--- for this. Our stash of change was down to $2.09... I thought that would cover two .99 floats. Unfortunately for us, the total was $2.10 and I was a penny short and for once.... didn't have a penny to spare. Lucky for us though, I used my flirtatious skills and mastered the art of looking helpless....the high school kid behind the register thought he'd be my "hero" and lend me a penny of his. I couldn't have been more happy to see this little high school kid making such a sweet gesture. And so off we went with our root beer floats in hand.

Saturday I worked, and the events of that day aren't really that exciting.

Sunday we had some ward and stake boundary changes..... so we only had to go to Sacrament mtg. Tyler participated in the primary program, and did such a good job reading his part. :o)After sacrament we headed over to the stake center to hear the new changes. Our ward is the same, but we have changes stakes. Weird, I know. And the BEST news EVER, is that we change time to 9:00AM instead of 3:00PM!!!!! We start the new time schedule next Sunday and keep it through 2009 year. Yea!!!!!!!!


So, that was it.... you've all heard about our exciting weekend now. :o)

5 comments:

Coming soon.... said...

We are going up either tuesday night or wednesday. Not sure yet because I don't know my holiday work schedule yet, but we will most definitly stay until sunday.

p.s. can't wait to sit around all 4 days and just eat and gain another 10 pounds:)

Britany said...

Wow. That change scrounging sounds EXACTLY like us lately! It's funny how we've become forced into being more frugal :) Every once in a whle we'll hit up a dollar menu, but that's about it. We'll have to become REALLY creative about what to do when it starts snowing that's for sure!

Wii are the Nelsons said...

great budgeting skills....we've had to do that too...fun stuff...I should search for more coupons too. I'm trying to get Mike to branch out in his fashion too. I can't believe you guys had 3:00 church!

The Cranes said...

Hey there, sounds like you did have a fun weekend! I sure know it ended great with that short one block of church we had, yay! I loved that you are trying to get Tyler to branch out in his dress shirt colors! I had no trouble getting Kendall into the purple (light purple that is), its the pink he won't touch!

Lance and Becky said...

Wow you are good! I am glad you guys had fun! When is the last time you talked to Matt? I am almost 5 months I can't believe he didn't tell you or Lance didn't e mail Tyler for that matter...ahhh boys!!