Sunday, November 23, 2008

Friday Night Football

Later Friday after we visited with my old roommate Britany, we helped our friends Connor and Lindsey pack up. We were sad to see them go, but happy that they're moving to Portland, OR. In fact, I think they'll be moving into an apartment close to my brother's condo, which will be great when we go to visit them. They were some of our closest friends.... we wish them good luck in their new adventures.
We probably would've hung out with Connor and Lindsey later into the night eating pizza, but we had already a commitment to go to the 3A High School Football State Championship with Tyler's parents. Fruitland High School, Tyler's old high school was playing and so he was excited to go. I wasn't thrilled... but it was nicer that my in laws gave us their season pass to get into the game free, and it was at BSU's football stadium, which meant we didn't have to drive too far. It was, however, freezing!!!!!!
We all got bundled up in various layers of clothing and brought blankets with us, but it didn't help me too much, I still felt numb. I had on two pairs of pants-- tights and jeans over the tights--three shirts, two jackets, a scarf and mittens..... not to mention that I had on two blankets. I was a little bit miserable, because I hate being cold. Tyler made it more enjoyable by talking to me and snuggling in close to keep me warm.
Overall, it was fun. We ate popcorn and candy.... Quincy sat with his grandparents all bundled up in several layers.... I think he stayed fairly warm. Poor little guy was sick though and I don't think it did his runny nose any good being out in the cold, but he was a good sport.
Fruitland lost.... not until the end, and I have to say regardless of the score it was still an enjoyable game to watch. Salmon High School, the other team, had an awesome quarterback; who was really great at making quick decisions and precise passes-- which is ultimately what pulled them through to win the State Championship title.
After all that fun sitting in the wintery cold, we went home, bundled up and cranked up our heaters!
Check out Q in his winter gear... apparently his jacket tastes good?
This is a pretty good cheesy smile.

Sitting with Grandpa Kent and Grandma Teesy at the game.

Fruitland vs. Salmon 2008

1 comment:

lindquist said...

I'm not sure if it's the hatt/mittons, the camo jacket OR the red checks... but Q sure looks like and 'IDAHO BOY'!

BTW, I sure do HATE being the absent grandparent.

sigh....