Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My Mother's Day

I am very proud to be a Mother, it has truly been one of the most rewarding and challenging experiences I've ever had. Unfortunately we have church at 9:00AM, so no breakfast in bed for me. Tyler's not much of an early riser.... he did however, make me a big breakfast for lunch after which I was able to take a 2 hour nap! I can't even remember the last time I slept that long during the day.

Church was nice... the speakers gave some beautiful talks, mostly geared toward Mother's, of course. Quincy gave me a wonderful Mother's Day present by attending all of Nursery without ANY breakdowns. Yea! He was a perfect little angel, and when I arrived to pick him up at the end of Nursery he was quite preoccupied with blowing bubbles; He hardly even noticed me, and despite that he could care less that his mom was there to pick him up, I couldn't have been happier.

He also made a pretty flower from his hand prints which had a small Hershey's Kiss in the center. It was really cute. Sorry the picture isn't very good quality.

In church they also handed out some king size Hershey's candy bars.

Because I worked at the shop this weekend I was able to take home some over bloomed roses. This is one of the few small perks that I get as a floral designer. I love having fresh flowers in the house, it's even better when they're free.
For dinner Tyler made some really delicious 'Lasagna Toss'... it was a new recipe we tired out and I think it won't be the last time we have it. Even better than dinner was free dessert at TCBY. Here in Boise every year they offer a free treat to the Mother's on Mother's Day. I got Butter Pecan Ice cream in a waffle cone on Saturday and White Chocolate Mousse on Sunday (since it's free, we didn't spend any money). I am so thankful for Mother's, and I'm thankful for a wonderful son and loving husband.

Thanks for a great Mother's Day guys!

No comments: