Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Lights

We decided Thursday night to drive around and let the boys look at Christmas lights. I have to say, it was a bit of a challenge in a small (mostly) farming town to find some really spectacular lights, but we did manage to see some pretty good ones. We actually stopped by a guy's house that Tyler went to school with first. (It's the picture below.) The house was small, but it definitely was full of lots of lights. There was even music playing. It sort of made me laugh because we had just watched the movie 'Deck the Halls' which was a spoof on crazy neighbors and insane amounts of lights. I thought to myself, I wonder how the neighbors feel about that music?
 Both the boys thought it was pretty cool.
 The other thing I have to add is that Jakboy wanted to go look at lights too and so Heather, Trevor, Kent and Teesy were in their car leading the way. At one point I was laughing hysterically because Trevor was cruising through some of the neighborhoods so quickly our boys could hardly see the lights before we were passing them. We'd shout to Quincy 'Quick look out your window.... there's some more. Look fast and don't blink.' Ha ha ha. It was still fun.
 And since my pictures are from our car... they don't quite capture the better houses we did see.
 Everyone knows Santa rides around on a Harley in his spare time.

 I thought this one was cute with the Manger scene lit up in their yard. It seems rare that you see religious Christmas lights displayed in people's yards.
After everyone was done we drove past this last house. It has that sign that says "musical", yet we heard no music. Maybe they turn it off at night for their neighbor's sakes. Although, isn't that when people look at lights? I dunno. We still had lots of fun.

No comments: