Monday, December 12, 2011

All I want for Christmas....

Every weekday Quincy practices his writing...
He writes ten words a day and get to put a sticker on his writing chart each time he does 10 words. After he gets 7 stickers he gets to pick out a special treat.

It's a lot of work for his little hands...
Sometimes he even tells me he's tired of writing.
But he usually finishes his words, even if some days it takes longer than necessary.
Some moms might think I'm too tough on my four year old--
That it might be okay to let him slack off and only write 3 words on a particularlly tiresome day.


BUT I know that Quincy is capable of great things.
Sometimes when we push past the feeling of giving up we realize our greatest potential.
Quincy is a perfect example of perseverance this month...


I told him he needed to write Santa a letter [since he hasn't gone to see him yet]
 If he didn't tell Santa what he wanted for Christmas, then Santa wouldn't bring him anything.


I told him I'd help him write the letter.


After writing it all out in pen, I then told Quincy his job was to trace it in crayon.
He was mad at first.
I said, "Okay, if you don't want to write Santa then I guess you won't get anything from him this year."
He didn't like hearing that.
Eventually he resigned to trace the letter.

I'm sure he's so glad he did.
Now, surely Santa will bring him that Cars 2 movie he's been dying to get.

Thanks for being a good boy Quincy.
I'm proud of your hard work.

1 comment:

Gage said...

what a cutie pie! and i love the name quincy.