Saturday, December 10, 2011

Comfy and Cozy....

It's that time of the year again where it's COLD outside. We have almost all (minus Tyler) managed to get the common old. My boys got it due to sick-ey nursery kids and I received it from them.

 [The lovely pros of motherhood].

 I have been managing alright, even with the feeling like someone's sitting on my chest and I'm trying to breath through a straw. After a long week --mostly indoors with my sick kids-- Tyler was kind enough to go to the store and pick me up some much needed nasal decongestant. Breathing takes much less effort now. He also got a bundle of firewood so we could feel the nice warm comfort that only a fire can bring.  
 Needless to say, the boys loved it!!
What little boy DOESN'T love fire?
 They could barely pry their faces away from our fire to smile at me....
 I love the comfy-ness of a fire in our fireplace with Christmas lights adding to the ambiance...

 And most of all I love when my boys are being NICE to each other and snuggled up under blankets admiring the wonder of that magical thing called: fire.
There are SOME perks to being sick and even having freezing cold weather.
 I get to enjoy this just a little bit more... :)

2 comments:

lindquist said...

That last pictures is like the OLD days - when kids didn't have TV and they gathered in front of the fireplace for entertainment. They look cute. Next time bring firewood home from our house - and Tyler can hack off the rotten parts with a rusty, dull hatchet! Now THAT'S entertainment!
Cute post.

Kati Howard said...

If you had a sharp one, maybe we would take all that wood. Yeah it's a rare thing that they are in such close proxemity without killing each other.