Saturday, December 3, 2011

In the mood for baking.


It seems like for the longest time I couldn't eat anything, and following that I found that so many of my favorite foods gave me heartburn. Finally I have reached a comfortable stage in eating and so began the baking frenzy. Up until that point I had mostly been eating healthy or bland foods.

Well that all changed the week prior to Thanksgiving, where I craved like 5 different desserts: mini cheescakes, pumpkin cobbler, reeses peanut butter bars, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, and fudge.
 I didn't end up making all those in one week, don't worry, but I did make two of them prior to Turkey Day.
 Mini cheescakes... so easy to make from scratch and quite delicious. Ignore the ugly cookie sheet they are on. It's the one we've had since we got married. It seen better days. I actually have another one.
 Quincy liked helping me make these... though most of his "helping" consisted of eating.
 So GOOOOD!
 The Pumpkin cobbler. This was a new recipe that I wasn't quite sure how it'd turn out, surprisingly it was rather tasty.
Although I don't have pictures to show... I did end up making the reeses peanut butter bars, they taste just like the little cups. YUM-O. And I broke down after we got home from my parent's house for Thanksgiving and mdad the choclate chip oatmeal cookies. Fudge, might just have to wait until Christmas. :) I love to bake. As you can see.

 It was even more fun being in the kitchen with my mom and sister over the holiday break!

1 comment:

Katie Stacey said...

All of those treats sound so good! That's the best part about being pregnant. When something sounds good...you EAT IT!