Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Hotter than H-E- double hockey sticks!!

Yesterday it was over 100* again, what's new? Quincy took his afternoon nap in his diaper. He was wearing a shirt before his nap, but insisted on pulling at it and stretching it out so we took it off. He slept really sound for an hour and we decided to wake him up because it was getting close to his bedtime. He protested it-- we received many dirty looks, growling, whining, and even rolling over and ignoring us-- I think he gets that part of him from his dad. Tyler even admitted that when he was younger his mom would throw water on him to wake him up because he refused to get up. I snapped this picture of him after our hard work at "waking" him up. Clearly, you can see how tired he still is.

The next picture is 2 seconds after the first....apparently he wasn't interested in staying awake. I guess I don't blame him because it was so hot.

After we bugged him enough he finally woke up, but he wasn't too happy about it as the picture below demonstrates.


Here he was throwing a fit.... I hate when he does that. It's an ear piercing squeal and then he arches his back. Oh I can't WAIT for the "terrible twos". Better yet, I can't wait until he has kids of his own that do the very same thing! Now I know why my parents were so excited for us to have kids, so we could get 'what was coming to us'.

Okay, but in all seriousness he's not ALWAYS a rotten little boy, sometimes he's sweet and loving. In fact today he gave me kisses and was clapping his hands and smiling at me (I swear babies are required to do precious things like that so you don't give them away or kill them). There are those brief moments where he snuggles up with me and I forget all about the fact that he's spent the majority of the day screaming in my face and throwing tantrums.

He's my little snuggle bug.

This is how he spent some of the afternoon... trying to cool off.

2 comments:

lindquist said...

TURN ON THE AC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jennifer P. said...

That baby just looks hot! (and tired!) You need to sell that last picture to the air conditioner repair people :)!