Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Patty Cake, Patty Cake, Bakers lil' helper...

Last night for dessert I made some "blonde brownies" (thanks mom again for that recipe book for Mother's Day- I love recipes from the tried and true mormon moms). They have become one of our favorites. This time they came out perfectly moist-- I've been having to perfect the time since our oven isn't exact in the way that it cooks things through.

*** As a side note, I think that someday when I have my own home I will invest in a great oven because I love to bake!***

Okay, so I got off track... where was I going? Oh yeah, they came out perfectly delicous!! They were moist and chewy and oh so yummy! Tyler even complimented me on them, which always makes me feel good. Most of the time he's good at telling me dinner or dessert was 'good' ,but this time he actually meant it and I could tell. I pride myself in my baking skills and it's always a let down when things don't turn out. Like the first time I made homemade icing. The recipe called for WAY too much flour, istead of a couple tablespoons it was misprinted and said a couple cups... BIG difference. The icing was horrible, lumpy and gross-- I couldn't bare to say that I had any part in making it. I knew I should've listened to my instincts which told me I should've used equal parts of margerine, flour and milk (A flour icing recipe, which is great when you make it with the proper amounts of each ingredient. ) Oh well, you live and learn. It's just too bad that I had to waste that first batch I tried.

This is what they turned out like.


Quincy was trying to help out, notice the flour on his cheeks! :)

No comments: