Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday

So this is how our Sunday morning started off. Usually Quincy is pretty good about sleeping-- or at least playing in his crib quietly-- until 8:00am. On this particular day though when I got up to pee around 7:15am, I could hear him crying. I figured he probably had a diaper that really needed to be changed, otherwise I would have probably left him in there until we got up at 8:00.

When I went in, of course it was dirty and extremely wet, which made me glad I went in to change it. That's one thing I always feel bad about for him, I'd hate to sit in that. After I got him cleaned up I took him into our room where I usually nurse him while still laying in bed. Tyler was still alseep....and I have to say, since we stayed up late the previous night, I was irritated that I had to be the one to get him and change his diaper on top of having to nurse him. Tyler made up for it later by watching Quincy during the morning so I could take a nap. While I was napping--- or rather laying in bed wishing I could be napping instead of thinking of a bazillion things--- I could hear the boys outside. I have to say.... for Tyler cracking down on me, telling me I should be tougher about not letting him suck on a binky, he's quite the pushover about other things. He always gives in when Quincy's begging for food, which drives me nuts and he lets Q outside, which gets him all dirty.... and he will always say, oh I'll clean him up. Well yeah, he'll clean him up and then I'll have to pick up the mess the've both made from Tyler cleaning him up.

Oh well, boys will be boys.

So after I gave up on the thoughtful gesture of Tyler letting me nap while he watched Q, I decided to join the two outside. I had to water the gardern and Tyler insisted that I let Q play with the hose because he loves to watch him be "adventurous" (Aka. get filthy dirty and laugh about it). I figured.... what the heck! So this is what Quincy spent him Sunday morning doing.

I took these pictures of Quincy to prove that he does wear more than diaper and T Shirts. He looked pretty cute this sunday in his khaki linen shorts and striped button up shirt.

You can really see his teeth better now. I even brushed them this morning with my toothbrush. He didn't know exactly what to think of it.

3 comments:

Cherie said...

Agreed! I would like to SLEEP IN every once in awhile, especially when I roll over to get out of bed to change Lily and feed her and give her a bath in the morning and Keith is sleeping like a, well, like a BABY. Then I remember that I could be napping, but here I am surfing the internet and not doing the thousand things on my list to do while Lily is asleep. Such is life.

Kati Howard said...

HA ha! I know... evertime Quincy is sleeping and I could nap, I usually find other things to do. Such IS life!!

lindquist said...

We can finally see Q's Teefers!!

And who taught him that "Cheerleader face" in the video???????

Grammie can't get enough of baby Q!