Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Update...

Just a little update on what's new with us:

Tyler: not much new with him... he's just busy (or rather not too busy) working. So far things at Combined are going well. Some more of the new agents that were hired quit, which happens quite frequently-- not many can handle the commission salary. I guess it's sort of good for him becuase there's more premium for him to cover with less agents.

Kati: I recently started working out again. I'm SO out of shape. Now I know that some of you reading this are like: "Oh please, you're so skinny." But that's not what I'm talking about. I hate working out; since having Quincy it's become pretty easy to slack in that department. I told Tyler that he needs to kick my butt and hold me to my work out goals. Sooo... he and I were on the subject of running-- that I needed to run in order to shed the last of my pregnancy weight. For anyone who knows me, they know I HATE to run. I would do anything to get out of it. After making a deal with Tyler that if he did more pushups each day that I would run.... I've started running. I thought that I could easily handle a little jog up and down the street a few times, but I was out of breath by the 1st time. Yikes--- was I really THAT out of shape? Yesterday I made it twice up and down our street. I know it sounds lame, but seeing as how I haven't ran in like 3 years I gotta start small so that I don't quit so quickly. Baby steps. :)

Quincy: This kid amazes me every day. He has got his second tooth now and is working quickly on his third. His doctor wasn't kidding when she said that all 8 were close. They are popping through those gums one day after the other. He's been a pretty good sport about it. He has learned how to wave bye/hello. It's pretty cute. He opens and closes his little fingers while holding his hand in the air. We've worked hard to get him to learn this one. He's been able to give high fives, raise his hand on command, and point for a while... so waving is kind of that last to come.
He is working on walking. Each day he gets bette and braver at taking solo steps. He'll walk back and forth between Tyler and I. He does well with a couple of steps before he staggers off one way like a drunk. He has become very aware of the meaning of words lately also. He understands what many things are called- though he can't say the words yet. He know where the tree is outside, the names of certain toys, hungary, drink, his books and many others. Now if ONLY we could get him to say "mama"! He is also working on learning how to give kisses. It's pretty cute.
He's obsessed with pressing buttons, and puting his finger up our noses. He recognizes the word 'nose' and knows where to point to, when I say it after he's touching mine he giggles.... I'm not quite sure why this is so funny. He has also recently learned how to drive his toy cars around on the ground. He used to just play with them in the air and throw them when he was done. Now he knows they roll around. Oh and as a funny side note. He tried to pee in the toilet, not intentionally though. He has seen Tyler in the bathroom and I was preparing him a bath. He didn't have a diaper on (only swim trunks) and was standing in front of the toilet when I noticed a large puddle on the ground underneath his feet. If only he could do it in the toilet next time.....maybe a step stool would help. :) lol

2 comments:

Dave & Monica said...

Your little boy is sooo cute! Good job :) How do you guys like boise? I've wanted to live there my whole life, weird I know, but the I saw on HGTV that boise is one of the best places to live right now because they have cheap houses and good jobs, so now I want to move there even more :) Do you guys like it?

patsyld said...

Quincy is so cute, you guys did a good job, I bet Teesy and Kent love being Gramma and Grandpa!