Sunday, February 8, 2009

It pays to watch the Superbowl.

I will only say that sentence because while we were watching the Superbowl we saw the commercial for FREE breakfast at Denny's.

Tuesday Denny's offered a special deal for FREE breakfast from 6-2:00, including their Grand Slam: 2 eggs, 2 pancakes, 2 strips of bacon, and 2 links of sausage. What a steal. We never eat breakfast out.

I myself love breakfast, but never have the energy to whip up something like Denny's offer.

At 10:00 we headed out the door to get in line, yes a line. It wasn't nearly as bad as it looked. I have to compliment the Denny's on Fairview/ Eagle because the line moved smoothly. Our food was delicious and we were in and out quickly.

The downside to FREE breakfast was the cold weather. Because it was still early the temperatures weren't quite as nice as they would have been later in the afternoon. We went prepared in our warm clothes though.

After waiting outside in the line for probably 30 minutes, we got into the foyer. It felt so much better it there despite the doors being open. Quincy was excited to get this far in our morning adventure. (Although I'm sure he had no idea what was really going on.)

I thought his picture was funny because he kept looking through the glass at all the people inside eating their hot food in their comfortable booths. I told him not to worry... soon we would be one of the envied families inside eating our free breakfast in a warm booth. :)
And soon enough we were inside ordering our breakfast. Quincy even got his own FREE breakfast. It was great!



If you missed out on Denny's FREE breakfast Tuesday................just remember it pays to watch the Superbowl. Better luck next year!

1 comment:

lindquist said...

Oh how I wished I lived near you guys. Quincy is seriously growing up before our eyes here on your blog. I get teary when I see these pictures cuz' he's changed so much just since Christmas. It makes my heart sad but proud at the same time. What a handsome family you are. I'm lucky to have such great kids and a healthy and handsome grandson. March 12 will not be here soon enough.

Big sigh...
I love you guys,
Mom