Sunday, February 8, 2009

It's that Time of the year....

Quincy's been avoiding it for quite some time, but he was due for another round of shots. I always hate taking him to these appointments because I feel bad when they stab him with all those needles. This time around he needed to get 3 shots. He got his DT&P, Hepetitis A, and Flu shot. We went to the Health Distict and they did great.

Quincy did fine.... he didn't even cry until she had already jabbed in the needle and began pushing the fluid into his leg. Luckily she was quick and so despite the immediate panic, tears, and struggle Quincy put forth... she was done before he knew what was happening. As soon as it started it was over. She gave him two stickers, and wouldn't ya know it..... he stopped crying! It was amazing... I've never seen him put a stop to those tears so quickly!


He was such a brave little boy!

1 comment:

lindquist said...

What a brave guy! I always hated shots, and as you know, towards the end of you guys getting your immunizations I just made Dad do it. My heart would hurt too much to see you guys cry!!