Thursday, February 26, 2009

Busy, BUSY....BuSy!

Well, It's been a while hasn't it? The reason I've been absent form the blogging world for a week is that we've actually been doing things!

I know, it's a lame excuse... it just seemed like we were going from one event to the next event, never squeezing time in between for blogging updates. So I'll give you the highlights.

Last Monday Tyler's mom called to say that her boss had some extra tickets to the Steelheads game. They are the local Boise, Idaho Hockey League, I believe the league below the NHL. The only other hockey game we had ever been to before was in Jackson Hole while Tyler and I were dating at BYU-I. We thought it would be fun, Tyler was more persistent about going than I was.... but we all managed to have a good time.

Our seats were pretty awesome. We had a great view for some pretty sweet shots. The Steelheads played alright at first. They played a team from Nevada.....who put some points on the score board right off the bat. Although the Steelheads were slow to catch up, they didn't score until the end of the 2nd period, they managed to tie it up right before the 3rd period. Now, I don't know much about Hockey rules.... and Tyler's Hockey knowledge is limited also.... so we didn't know how it would turn out after they tied it at the time, that and we needed to get home. Unfortunately we didn't see how it turned out after the time ran out, but we had fun up until then!

The reason we didn't see the end was Quincy. Yeah, yeah, blame on the kid... only this time it WAS his fault. It was already 10:00PM and WaaaAAyyY passed his bedtime. We decided to leave early because he was pretty crabby. The only way we could entertain him was by blowing bubbles with out gum, as pictured above.
Notice the lack of enthusiasm in his face in this picture!
It was really fun.... even though we were kind of cold. And because of where our seats were, it sometimes felt like you were right in the action. Tyler was really hoping for some good fights... you know fists flying, teeth getting knocked out... blood gushing.... that kind of stuff. We only saw one fight, and to my surprise it was pretty mild. However, there were certain points in the game where you could feel the tension rising.
The part that Quincy liked most was the Zamboni. He thought it was really cool and even managed to laugh when it passed by us. The fact that it looked like a monster truck was an added bonus.

I tried to get a good shot, but between a glass wall and it zipping by us... this was the best I could manage.
All in all it was a fun family adventure... one that I'm sure Quincy would have enjoyed more if he wasn't so tired.

And thanks to Teesy's work for giving us those great tickets!

1 comment:

lindquist said...

Dad and I went to one hockey game while we were dating and I didn't have a clue what was going on until they started swinging and fighting! It was cool! I guess that how come I love wrestling? Must be the barbarian in me..

Quincy does NOT look amused in those pictures. He reminds me of Grandpa Loren that way - I mean you can tell what's going on just by the look on his face.

I love and miss you guys a ton,
Mom / Grammie