Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Howard Boys.....crafting?!?

Wednesday nights are Activity Days for me. Tyler always tries to help out, since I haven't had an assistant for a while, by watching Quincy for me during the hour we meet. Usually they play in Quincy's room, but often Quincy's more interested in what's going on outside his bedroom... especially when there are a bunch of girls to flirt with. This time I thought I would let Quincy do something constructive to make sure he could play without distracting the girls.

Sooo... I thought of making him a crown. I cut it out, Quincy helped coloring it.... and Tyler helped him glue it together. They had fun playing, or crafting I guess.

Here are the silly crafting boys:

Tyler did a good job of keeping Quincy entertained while I gave a short lesson. After I finished our lesson, they both came out to join the fun. We had a game night including popcorn, cookies, and fudge brownies. I hope their parents don't hate me for all that sugary junk food they ate. I just felt like we should do something fun, since the girls have been positive about all the boring activities we've had.

Of course, Quincy thoroughly enjoyed watching the girls play spoons and musical chairs. By the end of the activity everyone was a little giddy...............................must have been all the sweets.

1 comment:

lindquist said...

OH MY GOSH... they are outa control! The pictures prove that! How funny...! That last picture.... who's kid is that anyway?!?!

PS - it's good you recognize that you need to have 'wild' night with the girls... Sometimes the hang time is a bigger lesson than the lessons. Good Job Sister Howard!