Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I'm losing my mind!

Okay, so you know those days when it seems like NOTHING you do goes right? This was one of them. Yesterday Tyler was working in Mountain Home for the day. He called me on his way there to say that he would be back in the afternoon and asked if we had a primary activity later that night. I said yes. It started at 4:30 and only was supposed to be an hour, but we had signed up to help with one of the games, so we had to be there. Tyler got back around 2:00 and most of the afternoon Quincy spent whining. I think it must be his teeth because he seems exceptionally irritable. By 4:15 we piled into the car ready to go. I had jotted down Shirley's address, where the activity was, and looked on a map for her street. Tyler told me I should've just looked online, well I didnt' think about it and so I was searching this map in the car for the tiny street name. Finally we found it. When we drove to her house there were NO cars insight. We didn't see ANYONE. I looked at the clock and we were only a few minutes late. We knocked on the door and Shirley's son answered. He said she wasn't home and he had been trying to call her on her cell phone, but that she wasn't answering. We told him to tell her we dropped by. Then we drove to the church just to make sure the activity wasn't there. Sure enough there wasn't anyone from our ward there, just another ward having a wedding reception. So we home and I was very irrritated. It was hot and we spent a half and hour driving around wasting gas for nothing. We were in the process of making dinner when I looked at the calender and noticed that the activty was scheduled for NEXT tuesday!! Ugggg! I couldn't believe I had missed that. On sunday Tyler told me that there was a softball game on tuesday night at 6:30 and so I must've switched the activities around. Tyler got a good laugh, I however, was not in the mood. We ate dinner and then headed over to our friends' house to return some movies we borrowed from them. Lets just say it was a long day...and not a very good one for me. Tyler and I ended up watching 'Employee of the Month', which was pretty good. We both went to bed exhuasted.
These pictures are of Quincy in his nice clothes to go to the activity. He looks like he's thinking about what he can destroy next in this one above.

1 comment:

Wii are the Nelsons said...

I know the feeling especially now that I'm pregnant...I never really believed that people really lost their minds when they became pregnant until now. At least Tyler laughed about it, I'm pretty sure Mike would have been upset which would then make me upset.