Saturday, June 28, 2008

Mess maker, Mess maker, make me a mess...


Yesterday Quincy decided that he wanted to feed himself. Lately he's been trying to block our hands when we try to feed him his food, so I suggested to Tyler that he let Quincy try it himself. This is how it went....First, Tyler would scoop some food onto his spoon and then hand the spoon to Quincy...


Then Quincy would attempt to get into his mouth. He did pretty well for his first time. Notice the small food spill on his tray....I wasn't able to get a photo of him flinging it up on the wall and onto our dining room floor... oh well, that's how he learns.

And lastly.... SUCCESS!! :) For those of you who know me well---- you know I'm a little OCD....But I figure when it comes to my son's learning process, I'll try and let a spoonful of food here and there slide. Hey the sooner he learns how to do it himself, the sooner we can all eat dinner at one time without him yelling at us. How nice will that be?
Today was the grand opening of a new Frozen Yogurt place called: Cold Fuzion. We went here for an afternoon treat becuase they were giving away free frozen yogurts from 12-5PM. Tyler tried some rasberry tart frozen yogurt with fresh blackberries on top, I had strawberry frozen yogurt with fresh mangos, and even Quincy tried some orignal tart frozen yogurt with fresh strawberries. He seemed to enjoy it A LOT! We were glad we went, but I don't know that we would go there if we had to pay...it was a little spendy.
I forgot to snap a picture of him enjoying his frozen yogurt, but here's holding the remainder of his treat....his plastic spoon.
For dinner tonight I made some chicken alfredo with broccoli that was topped with some fresh parsley. (This picture doesn't do it jsutice!)I thought it turned out alright, I shouldn't have let the noodles cook for so long though. We have decided that Quincy should start eating "real" food with us....and so this was a dinner we let him have. Talk about a self esteem booster-- the kid couldn't eat enough of it. He LOVED it, which made me feel good.
And lastly, for dessert I made us all some 'Orangeberry Blitz Jamba Juice' smoothies. They were pretty good, not the exact thing though. Quincy is enjoying his smoothie, but he wouldn't put down his cracker to eat it. Did I mention that this kid LOVES to eat!?!?!

1 comment:

Katie Stacey said...

I have the same problem with Savannah and eating. She always tries to grab the spoon and then if I don't give it to her...she smacks it, which makes food fly everywhere...joy...