Thursday, June 12, 2008

When we got engaged


I love to surprise people. So I had to propose to Kati when she least expected it. I figured that Friday the 13th would be a perfect day to propose to her since no one in their right mind would do that on such a cursed day. We went to dinner in Idaho Falls and I had planned to propose to her down on the waterfront in front of the temple. Everything was going great because she wasn’t suspecting a thing. We went to Applebee’s and we had to wait for an hour for a table. It was really crowded and we had to stand for most of that hour. Kati was hungry and getting pissed by the minute. I was happy because I knew what was in store for the rest of the night. I told her that we would go for a walk after we ate so that we could relax from the stressful dinner situation. I let her decide where she wanted to go for a walk. She chose to walk around the temple. So I put the ring in my pocket and mentally prepared myself. As we walked around the temple I told Kati that she has done so many things that showed me that she loves me. I told her that I would probably never be able to even the score with her but I had one way of at least getting close. I got down on my knee and rambled something that I truly don’t remember but I wrapped it up by asking her to marry me. She didn’t believe me! She told me that if it was a joke that I was sick. Even when I pulled the ring box out she still thought that it was a prop to my joke. But when she saw the ring she believed me and then she said ‘Yes’ five times. We hugged and kissed and no one could wipe the smiles off our faces.

No comments: