Friday, June 13, 2008

Tyler's version of Quincy's birth:


The day Quincy was born was very surreal. We knew exactly when we were going to the hospital and when he was going to be born. So we had everything ready and the house was clean. We kept reminding each other that in an hour or two we were going to be able to hold our little boy. At that time Quincy was known as Xuxa (shusha). Xuxa is a Brazilian name that I gave him when Kati was about three months along. At the hospital I was relaxed and excited. That was until I waited outside the operating room in my scrubs. I was a wreck. I had to wait till the anesthetic kicked in and that took about fifteen minutes. Those fifteen minutes seemed like hours. But once I entered the operating room I was fine. I was able to sit with Kati and hold her hand through the whole thing. That was when we finally decided on his name! Once the doctor held Quincy up I was immediately filled with joy. I cut his umbilical cord which I thought I wasn’t going to be able to handle. While Kati was getting taken care of in the operating room I was able to be with Quincy for about an hour and a half in the recovery room. I just sat there holding him and staring at him while he slept. I was immediately proud of my little boy.

No comments: